The Las Vegas Valley Humane Society (LVVHS) is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation established according to Nevada laws for public benefit. It is dedicated to improving the welfare of animals. Its articles of incorporation detail the primary purposed of the organization as follows:
- The prevention of cruelty to animals.
- The relief of suffering among animals.
- Reducing the over-breeding of domestic animals – primarily cats and dogs – through public education and sterilization programs. Clark County Animal Statistics.
- Improving the tragic plight of animals used in biomedical research and testing.
- Protecting endangered wildlife.