- This event has passed.
November 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
First of all, Thank You for your continued trust in me with your beloved dog and support in my dream of Canine Bodywork & Aquatics! I appreciate it so very much & truly love my ‘job’.
Secondly, I’m super excited to announce our 1st ever doggy Swim-a-thon. We’ll be raising money for ‘Paws for Change’ and spreading awareness about canine cancer. A registration fee of $25 will get your pooch a ½ hr time slot. They will be timed for 20 min. to see how many laps they can swim. Just like a usual swim session, I will be in the water with your dog the whole time monitoring their health, safety, and having fun. There will be prizes awarded and hopefully a few Raffle prizes to help raise more funds.
When – Friday, Nov. 30, 2018. 9am-8pm
Where – Canine Bodywork & Aquatics
2563 Wigwam Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89074
What – 1st Ever Canine Swim-a-thon
Why – Promote and raise funds/awareness to ‘Paws for Change’, non-profit by Dr. Karen Becker and Rodney Habib to research, educate, explore naturally thru nutrition and nontoxic options healthy, successful solutions to put an end to Canine Cancer
It is the charitable org from the founders Rodney Habib & Dr. Karen Becker, of the Dog Cancer Series, a 7 part documentary, and also Planetpaws.ca
Goal – Each participant encouraged to raise $200. This may sound challenging but we all have been affected by cancer, and for the 1st ever event like this in Nevada, let’s all Dive In and reach our goals! Registration fee $ 25, cash or check payable to ‘Canine Bodywork & Aquatics’
For safety, certified practitioner Kathy will be in the water the whole time with your dog. If you don’t currently swim with us, you’ll need to complete our Intake Form and waiver.
Prizes awarded for ‘Most laps’, ‘Most determined’, ‘Most messy’, ‘Most $ Raised’, Most FUN, Most Senior J
How can you help? Thanks for asking!!!
- I’d like a couple volunteers with me all day, so if you can spare a few hours let me know. Selling raffle tickets, counting laps poolside, keeping pool deck clean and puddle free especially after our messy pups, helping with ‘organization’ if someone is early or wants to watch etc.
- Sponsor a rescue/shelter dog’s registration fee or donate any amount $ to your favorite pooch
- Have something you can donate for our Raffle prizes? Perhaps are good at basket making?
- Spread the word – skip coffee chat with your co-workers and donate that $ to help eradicate canine cancer!
- Share and cross post on social media, doggy boutiques, clinics etc.
THANK YOU! Here’s hoping for a fun & successful first ever doggy Swim-a-thon!