- Never leave your pet in the car! Vehicle temperatures can reach 140° in minutes.
- Always have plenty of water available. Pets get dehydrated quickly.
- Take walks early am or late pm. Exercise should be brief & in the cooler hours.
- MAKE SURE YOUR PETS HAVE SHADE when outdoors.
- Regulate temps inside your home. Use A/C and fans to keep cool.
- Watch for signs of heat stroke – Panting, difficulty breathing, restlessness, vomiting.
- Treat Heat Stroke Immediately. Move to cooler location, cool pet down with wet towels and contact your vet.
Report a Distressed Animal
Clark County (702) 455-7710
Las Vegas (702) 229-6444
North Las Vegas (702) 633-9111
Henderson (702) 267-4970